What's In My Bag? Flight Edition


I've been flying since the age of 3. The first time I flew by myself as an unaccompanied minor, I was 6 years old and I flew from Hong Kong to Auckland. Since then I've had the opportunity to travel to many cities and countries so you think I'd get the hang of packing by now. I hate packing though, the only thing worse than packing is unpacking. I always put it off for as long as possible and this often means that I don't sleep the night prior to a flight. Not a bad thing considering I need all the help I can get to sleep on planes. 
I almost always take a backpack as my carry-on, I don't like using shoulder bags when the contents are slightly on the heavy side. The one I have is from American Apparel, I bought it about 2 years ago and the second day I wore it, a waiter spilt soy sauce on it! It's been stained every since and I've finally covered it up with an adorable iron-on patch from Rosehound Apparel. I try to not overpack and only take things that I must have with me or things I know I'll need during the flight. 

The essentials
Wallet: Comme des Garçons ⎜ Small mesh pouch with chargers/cords inside: MUFE freebie ⎜ Kindle pouch: F21  Kindle Passport Holder: Kikki K ⎜ Alpacasso pouch: Hong Kong Portable Charger: Xiaomi

When I spent over a certain amount at the MUFE counter in HK, they gave me this black mesh pouch with a bunch of samples inside but the actual pouch itself has served me really well. I've gotten so much use out of it and I have it in my handbag on the daily. It usually holds my MUFE compact foundation, iPhone 6 cable and a couple of lip products but this time I'm using it to hold my wall charger and USB cables.
I don't really go anywhere without my Kindle these days so of course I had to bring it with me. I don't like any of the Kindle cases so I opted for a pouch instead, I picked this one up from F21 in Denver.
I've had the Kikki K travel wallet for at least 5-6 years now and it is still going strong. One of my friends gifted it to me for my birthday, I love the timelessness and simplicity of the grey felt design. That very dirty sailor Hello Kitty keyring is actually my Octopus "card" (public transport system smartcard). The Octopus system in HK is so effective and convenient. The machines can pick it up even in a handbag full of stuff and other cards in your wallet won't affect the reading of it. Also, you can use the card to pay in convenience stores, some shops and restaurants too. The shitty Myki system we have in Melbourne should really take a page out of their book. 
Lastly I have my portable charger, something I cannot live without. This is the 10400mAh Xiaomi and has enough power to fully charge my phone at least 3 times.
If you can't tell already, I am a big fan of pouches especially when I'm using a large bag. I just find it a lot easier to organise and find everything. It also protects all the items from rubbing or scratching against each other.

The accessories
Headphones: Sennheiser Momentum Cap: Anti Social Social Club  Sunglasses: Ray Ban Clubmasters Sunglass Cleaner Cloth: Jean Paul Gautier

I am a headphone girl all the way because earphones really hurt my ears after a while. I don't have any problems trying to sleep with this on because I use a neck pillow on flights. I love that it cancels out any external noise as well. You're not allowed to wear hats or sunglasses through customs but I always have both with me because I like having the option of wearing them when I get off the plane. This hat speaks volumes about me, I am an extremely anxious flyer and really appreciate my privacy on the plane.

The beauty bag
Medication: travel sickness/nausea tablets and pill  Caudalie Beauty Elixir ⎜ It Cosmetics Bye Bye Undereye Concealer  Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Concealer  Dior Addict Lip Glow  Makeup Forever Pro Finish Multi-Use Powder Foundation (review⎜ MOR Rosa Noir Hand and Body Milk  Chloe Rollerball Perfume  Burt's Bees Beeswax Lipbalm in Peppermint  Anastasia Beverley Hills Clear Brow Gel ⎜ Anastasia Beverley Hills Perfect Brow Pencil and Brow Wiz in Granite  Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream

I've decided to give up on the whole plane beauty routine thing unless I'm flying to the other side of the world (Europe or US again). The flight to HK is 9 hours so I will definitely apply some overnight hydration mask on the face before I leave my house but I won't put on on anything else. The air on the plane is going to be pretty gross regardless so I don't want to further clog my pores by layering on too many creams and products. I do have a facial mist from Caudalie to freshen up the skin if I need but I will just give my skin a good cleanse and some TLC once we get home to our apartment. 
I have my favourite Burt's Bees lip balm and Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream to keep my lips hydrated during the flight. I also have a mini handcream, this one is from MOR. It has a strong dark floral scent but it's not bad, I just want to use it up. 
As for makeup, I did keep some basics with me - mainly brows, concealer and my powder compact. Honestly, I don't even bother doing my makeup on a plane but this is just in case my luggage goes missing. I will still have the most essential face products. 

The boring stuff
Neck Pillow: Daiso  In Flight Mini Wipes and Tissues: Gifted but from Mecca  Gum: Extra  Hairbrush: Sephora  Hand Sanitiser: Purell

I never used to be able to sleep on flights at all because I'd be so anxious for the whole duration of it but ever since my doctor prescribed me with some drowsy travel sickness medication, it hasn't been an issue. These neck pillows are a must when I travel, my mum bought me this for $2.80 from Daiso and it's been with me on so many trips.
Lastly, just some miscellaneous bits that I chucked in the front pocket - tissues, wet wipes, hand sanitiser, my hairbrush and some gum.

I really hope you enjoyed taking a peek in my carry-on bag. Do you take much with you on flights?

chloé

No comments