Preparing for America Part #3

really wanted to get a few posts queued before my trip but as always, I left myself with hardly any time to get everything ready so I'm currently blogging on my phone in Hong Kong which I must say is a first! So please excuse my iPhone photos or any issues with alignment and post formatting :3 
For my final installment of my America series, I'm going to share the beauty and skincare bits that I'm bringing with me on my trip and how I am organising it.


In my mofutan pouch, I'm mostly carrying anything I may need to have with me on my flight or during any of the long haul transport that I will be taking whilst I'm in America. I love taking sample sizes products and sachets when I travel. As you can see everything fits in my pouch very nicely. 
Contents include - travel sickness pills, nausea tablets, my pill, panadol and hayfever tablets, Burts Bees lipbalm, La Roche Posay Efflaclar Duo, tissues, wipes, Neutrogena Hydro Boost Eye Roll-On, Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream, Josie Maran Light Argan Oil, Neutrogena sunscreen, and a Bath and Body Works Hand Sanitizer
I don't usually wear makeup go to on the plane except for my brows and a bit of concealer. So once I get settled in, I just like to give my face a wipe and put on some moisturiser/facial oil and eye cream. I reapply halfway through my flight, and I reapply my hand cream and lipbalm every couple of hours.
The rest of my makeup and skincare all go in this handy travel case that I picked up from Muji. The size I have is medium. As I starting filling it up, I realised that it doesn't take much to accidentally overpack, this case actually kept me from overpacking because I wanted everything to fit inside. These are all the contents of my travel case, all the makeup is in my F21 bulldog makeup bag and the rest of the contents are - various moisturiser sample sachets (including Kate Somerville, Philosophy, Charlotte Tilbury and Josie Maran), a Skinfood Rice Mask and Aloe Vera cleanser, a couple of Clinique sample serums, a MOR sample hand cream, Simple makeup wipes, a couple undereye masks, a few half used cleansers (La Roche Posay Effaclar Purifying Foaming Gel sample, Philosphy Purity cleanser sample and a Clarins exfoliating cleanser), a Clarins body lotion, Body Shop waterproof makeup remover,  a nail clipper, my eczema ointment and my toothbrush. There's no toothpaste because I had to buy a small one in Hong Kong.

This is all the contents of my makeup bag.
For face products I brought - my Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Moonstone, my Charlotte Tilbury Bronze and Glow palette, my NARS Creamy Concealer in Vanilla (nearly used up), my MUFE Face and Body Foundation (my fav everyday foolproof foundation), the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light, and a sample sized Benefit Dandelion blush and Porefessional Primer. 
Eye products include - my very well-loved Dior Constellation palette (ever since dying my hair purple, I love matching my eyeshadow to my hair haha, and the highlight gold shade in this palette is BOMB), my Inglot #341 single shadow (an all-over shade I could wear everyday coz that's how much I love it), my MUFE Aqua brow, my Too Faced eyeshadow primer, the By Terry Ombré Blackstar in Misty Rock, a couple Clio gelpresso brown liners (the reason I brought 2 is because they're pretty much nearly used up!), my Play 101 pencil in 31 (one of my favorite eyeliners to use on the bottom lash line), my Stila Stay All Day liquid liner, my Maybelline Lash Sensational mascara and lastly my eyelash curler.
Lip products I kept it pretty minimal and tried to bring low maintenance colours. Apart from my lipbalms I just brought my Mac Whirl lipliner, Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat in Pillow Talk, Mac Velvet Teddy and a Korres tinted lipbalm in Wild Rose.
Lastly the brush tools in my travel case - a RT Miracle Complexion Sponge, a spooly, a Mac 218 (eyebrow brush), a Sasatinne dense dome brush (one of the cheapest and most loved brushes I own, love it for inner corner highlight or along the bottom lash line), a Zoeva 226 Smudge brush, a Zoeva 231 Luxe Petit Crease brush, a RT Base Shadow Brush, 2 blending brushes (MAC 217 and Zoeva 227), a Kit retractable foundation brush, a blush brush (I've had this for so long and can't remember when or where I bought it but it's one of my favs!), the Charlotte Tilbury Sculpt brush and the Zoeva 127 Luxe Sheer Cheek brush. 

And that's everything in my kit that made it on my trip with me. This might seem like a lot but as you can see, most of them are either half used or samples so I will be able to use it up and throw it out by the time I come back which is the goal! I have so many samples that I never get through anyway.
I'm actually really proud about how little I packed even if some people may still think this is excessive. 

I'll probably try and blog a little from my phone if I can but I won't be able to reply to any comments unfortunately as my editing abilities are limited too so please excuse any typos or mistakes! Please feel free to follow me on these platforms for travel snaps / updates and chat with me: 

Snapchat and Personal IG: chloe_e
Twitter and Blog IG: statuschlo

=('.')=

chloé

No comments