Lorac Mega Pro Palette (Holidays 2014) - First Impressions and Swatches + Where to get it!

I've been wanting to try the Lorac palettes for the longest time but colors in the 1st and 2nd Pro Palettes just didn't jump out at me enough because I was content with my original Naked 1 palette. BUT WOW. When I saw the first photos of this holiday release of the Lorac Mega Pro Palette, I could not resist and knew that I simply had to get my hands on it! 

It sold out almost immediately on the Lorac website, as well as on Amazon but luckily Amazon had a second shipment on its way and I was all over that. I panicked alot though because there were heaps of reviews saying the first lot of palettes arrived unprotected and broken. So after my order, I got on a live chat with the Amazon people to ensure that they would not repeat their mistakes and that they would add a memo to my order and forward my request to their shipping department. The palette arrived at my door a week later - bubblewrapped with padding in perfect condition and I was over the moon. 
I actually opened the parcel without even looking or paying attention because I thought it was a book but when I realised what was really under the bubble wrap, I had to have a moment before opening the palette for the first time.



This isn't going to be a very in-depth review because I don't like reviewing products I haven't had a chance to try out properly. Being exam time right now, I haven't really had a chance to play with it or wear it as much as I'd like. I just wanted to get the swatches up as soon as I could for you guys as this is a very limited product and has already sold out in most places. 
First Row - Mattes

Second Row - Mattes
 Third Row - Shimmer
Fourth Row - Shimmer
What really drew me to this palette is its versatility. There is a perfect balance between matte and shimmer shades, neutrals and festive colors, hues suitable for all seasons, as well as day and night colors. Usually in palettes, there are shades you know you'll never use or rarely use but this just has a flawless mixture and I'm confident that I'll get a great use out of every single of of these shadows. There is an extensive spectrum of bronze and browns which excites me alot because those are the most worn and flattering shades on most skin tones! You will be able to make so many combinations with all the colors available and they will all be so beautiful! There are also lots of colors in here that I don't own already which makes this palette super unique and a great addition to my collection. 
 First impressions after initial swatches
The Lorac palette definitely lives up to its expectations. All the eyeshadows were unbelievably soft, buttery and pigmented - some more than others but overall the eyeshadows are very high quality and I'm very impressed. There were a few shades were were slightly chalkier but nothing impossible to work with, just relatively speaking compared to the other shades. 
The packaging is stunning and sleek but not the most durable. Although it's quite a large palette, it is very thin. While I love the look of the rubberized matte NARS-esque packaging - I'm not crazy about the practicality of it. I just know this palette is going to get so dirty over time, the photo above is what the palette looked like after the first swatching ^ 
It comes with a large mirror on the inside of the flap but you have to hold it up.

Seriously guys, this is TRUE LOVE. The palette is well worth every penny, I would have even paid more for it! I'm considering buying a back-up palette to keep in my boyfriend's house in case my house burns down because I don't think I can live without it LOL

I wasn't even going to review this initially because I didn't want to review it if you guys couldn't get ahold of it but this palette is actually stocked on myqty right now for a pretty reasonable price! This is an Australian website but it also ships internationally, so if you missed out elsewhere, the link is here.

What do you think of this palette? Will you be getting one?

=('.')=

chloƩ

14 comments

  1. OMG!! I missed the second shipment :''(( , lucky you!!
    But now I am thinking to get the original pro palette instead.. there are some pink shades i am not really keen on this palette, but I was a bit skeptical about the amazon shipping because I have seen some friends received their order broken :/
    Anyway, I still think I might give them a go though, maybe I will just order the original pro palette and cross my fingers that it will be shipped properly and saved ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy heck, it's so gorgeous! Man, I'm so tempted to buy it!!! I totally would if I wasn't on a budget, and didn't have so many eyeshadows already that I rarely use, sighs! I already own the Lorac Pro palette though so I am content. I adore it! It has an amazing range of shades and the formula is crazy good. So jealous of you though!

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did so much research after realising i missed the first shipment but I'm kind of glad because I would have been shattered if it had arrived broken. If you are going to order through Amazon just make sure you go on a live chat to talk to them and nag them to the ends of the earth that they package it safely! I think I nagged 3 different operators to check and double check and promise me that it would be protected adequately!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it a beaut? I'm so stoked that I don't own many dupes of the colors in the palette.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was lucky enough to get this palette from Amazon right when it was released. It's so gorgeous! I've been using it practically non-stop!
    skinstuffbykaty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL. And so thoughtful of Amazon to really take your request seriously! I'm sure you'll make good use of it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. to be honest, in the pan the whole thing kinda looks meh but when swatched it looks absolutely beautiful! another thing to add in my ever growing wishlist haha. Just wondering as well, how much did you pay for shipping?

    ♥ M&L twoplicates l Tangleze Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to be able to use it regularly, this whole week I've been stuck at home studying!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know, I was holding my breath as i was opening it but all was well c:

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think in the pan, it can seem really boring but when i saw the swatches online and when i swatched them myself for the first time, i was blown away by the actual diversity of colors. I paid $10 for shipping so it ended up costing me about $68 USD. I'm so surprised its listed on myqty for $90 though, i would have expected way more when the lorac pro palette is listed is $75 and this is double the size.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's gorgeous! I still am not entirely convinced I need it in my life though haha. But I am a lorac fan girl so I can only imagine how amazing the formula is. P.s. Hi I am a new follower :)

    Bf Gf Does Blogging

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww, I just went on the myqty website and of course it's sold out, lol. I have the first Pro Palette and I think the quality of the shadows is exceptional, though I wasn't enamoured of the shade selection. This one seems a lot more promising in that there are so many options but a lot of brown/bronze shades which I lurrrveee. Too bad it's impossible to get a hold of!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for following ^^ This is my first Lorac product and I am super duper impressed

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awh damn, of course they were snatched up so quickly! I have to say, I was so surprised an Australian beauty site stocked it.
    I completely agree about the shade selection in the first 2 palettes.
    They're going for insane prices on eBay but last i checked, someone listed it on Gumtree for a pretty reasonable price ($119?) and they're based in Melbourne! I know Gumtree can be a bit dodgy sometimes if you're organising interstate though so I'd be happy to help where I can if you're really keen because I want to spread the love for this palette!

    ReplyDelete