Listen Out + Tesselaar Tulip Festival ^^

What better time to catch up on blog reads and general blogging than while I'm stuck in bed recovering from post-wisdom surgery! Before my surgery on Tuesday, I had a really good weekend so I thought I would share it with you guys ^^

On saturday, I went to Listen Out. This is only the second year of this festival and I have to say, it's one of my favorites! The line up included Flume, Chet Faker, Zhu (guys behind Faded) , Schoolboy Q, Ta-ku, Bondax and more. 
We got really lucky with the weather and enjoyed a 27 degree day. I only took a few photos during the course of the day and my favorite acts of the day were Snakehips, Ta-ku, Schoolboy Q and Flume. Schoolboy Q got the crowd so hyped up during the sunset, best moment of the day!

On Sunday, one of my girlfriends took me away for a surprise day trip. I've been feeling a bit under the weather and anxious lately so she had planned this day away. I had no idea where she was taking me even as she drove into the Dandenong Ranges. However about 1 minute from arrival, there was a huge flashing sign that said "TULIP FESTIVAL 4 & 5TH OCTOBER". Tulips are one of my favorite flowers, the first and only time I got to visit this festival would have been many years ago so it was nice to return now that I have a greater appreciation for these beautiful flowers! What a perfect way to welcome spring.
I got reallllly excited when we arrived because there were alpacas and as you guys know, I love alpacas!! I think I took at least 40 photos, they're so friggin cute.
Of course a trip to the tulip farms wouldn't be complete without some Poffertjes (Dutch Mini Pancakes).


Pretty funny but turns out Sue was there the same day and we completely missed each other!
It was a really relaxing day and a really nice wind down before my surgery this week. It also got me super pumped for the summer to come, I just bought my tickets last night to Laneway festival next year in Feb, So nuts to think that we're in October and that there's only 2 months left until end of the year!

=('.')=

chloƩ

10 comments

  1. Omgggg I DIDN'T SEE THE ALPACAS wtf I feel cheated now hahaha! Was such a good day, would've been awesome to bump into you!!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get well soon, Chloe! WIsdom teeth OP is soo bad, isnt it?
    Looks like you had a good time at The festival! I am not a festival person as I always get dizzy and panic when it is too crowded :/
    The alpacas OMG! They look like a mix between camel and lama, very cute! >.<

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post, the tulips look beautiful, as does the lovely clear sky! Hope you make a quick recovery from getting wisdom teeth taking out, so painful! :-(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emi Doll (ꁵē¾Ž)October 11, 2014 at 10:57 PM

    So lovely ^^

    I love Tulips!!!

    ꁵē¾Žć‚ˆć‚Š ♥

    www.emi-doll.blogspot.jp

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh the Alpacas are precious~ ^ w ^
    It looks like you had a lovely time! ^ u ^

    www.thedailydollyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awh no!! They were right at the entrance! I hope we bump into each other soon c;

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Pam! I'm all healed up now, it wasn't as painful as i thought it would be but just very uncomfortable overall!

    ReplyDelete