2 toners I'm loving: La Roche-Posay Serozinc and Clinelle Puritying Toner

I was actually in the process of writing up a skincare routine post and I realised these 2 products have made such a dramatic difference to my skin in the last 2 months that they deserved their own blog post.


I'm not going to lie. When my cousin initially bought me the La Roche-Posay Serozinc from her trip to France mid last year, I had never even heard of the product. I didn't look much into it, I used it for a couple of weeks, didn't think much of it and forgot about it. Suddenly, I started seeing posts pop up everywhere about it but I never read any of the reviews because I just wasn't that intrigued.
However, in my recent efforts to try and use up my skincare products, I started using it again and WOW I noticed a dramatic difference in my skin and now I've fallen completely head over heels for it!
I don't really care much for facial mists and I've never really been that much of an advocate for them because I think they are just glorified cans of water but this one has done wonders. The spray is made up of 3 simple ingredients: water, sodium chloride and zinc sulfate. The first 2 ingredients is basically salt water, which has antiseptic and cleansing properties and is known to be super beneficial for sebum control. The last ingredient is known to calm and sooth your skin especially when it is suffering from blemishes or irritations. I am nearly at the end of this can and I am feeling very panicky about it.

Another product that I've rediscovered my love for, is my Clinelle Purifying Toner. I've actually tried quite a few products from Clinelle but I've never really heard about it in the blogging world. I was originally introduced to the brand at Sasa in Hong Kong about 3 years ago when my skin was going through a very rough time. At the time I purchased and tried one of their sets which included their Deep Cleansing Gel, Purifying Toner and Moisture Glow Moisturizer. I actually really enjoyed most, if not all of these products and I'm pretty sure I repurchased the set a couple of times after but eventually moved on to try other brands.
One of the thing that really attracted me to the line of Clinelle products, is that they contain no artificial or harmful ingredients. Instead, they use a range of botanical and natural extracts and essential oils, as well as anti-oxidants to repair, refine and shield the skin from any aggregations. On top of that, it's a very affordable brand.
This toner does exactly what the name suggests. Some of its ingredients include tea tree oil and Lavender essential oil. Tea tree oil has antibacterial and healing properties so it's great for spot treatment. Lavender oil has an array of amazing skin benefits, they have anti-infammatory and antiseptic properties which means they reduce and soothe areas affected by acne and scarring. I've also heard that Lavender does great things for firming your skin. I never used to be a fan of the smell of Lavender but in the last few years, it has really grown on me. The scent is super calming which is really helpful when my anxiety gets bad or when I'm having sleeping problems. I love applying this before I go to bed because it's so relaxing. This is just such a gentle and effective toner and I couldn't recommend it more. I'm not sure where you can buy Clinelle products from, but they are listed on the Sasa website.

I'm really happy to have rediscovered these products, using both of them together has really helped clear my skin and it's the best it's been in a long time. I'll definitely be repurchasing both items when I reach the end of them.

Have you tried either of these products?

=('.')=

chloé

3 comments

  1. I have read a lot of positive reviews on the La Roche Posay one, it must be great!
    I have never heard of the Clinelle one though, is it a local Aussie brand?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like it and I just finished it so I'm at a bit of a loss now :c Hopefully I can pick one up from Hong Kong when I'm there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha i know what you mean! It was actually so hard to find information about Clinelle when I was looking around for info to include for you guys!

    ReplyDelete